Life is a roller coaster, a complete adventure! You've just got to learn to enjoy the ride!

Translate

Saturday, May 14, 2016

THE SOVERIGHN HAND


All the while I’m down here reaching out,
I can’t find you.
Lord, what do I do?

Lord, tell me what to do! Please.
I don’t want to be me,
I don’t want to see.
Where is the tree of life?
Life without all this strife.
I hate what I’ve become.
Ice fills my heart.
My flesh is tearing me apart.
My spirit withers away.
I’m not okay,
I’m not okay.
Jesus please intercede!
I’m here again.
I want to leave, but I don’t want to leave.
Melancholy sets in,
And once again I begin to sin.
Is it vicious, superstitious/ fictitious?
Cause it most certainly is not still.
Sin is never still!
It’s always moving,
Wooing at our hearts,
Our innermost parts.
Calling out to us,
Tempting.
Emptying our every desire,
In a heated battle we perspire.
Open battle, scattered like blind cattle.
Sheep’s gone astray.
It is with our folly we pay.
We think we’ve really showed up and showed out
We stink!
Like a little pup, we are lost.
Left to pout.
Attention seeking and self-serving,
Intervention blinking.
Self-yearning and self-turning.
Pick me up, my God!
Raise me up O’ Lord!
Save this child of yours, please.
So I may stand tall, and bust the deceit.
Make me worthy of your call,
Remind me of the enemies’ defeat.
The victory is yours O’ Lord,
So much hurt, shame, pain, and anger!
Begin to heal me, and make me tame, Lord make it rain!
Open or closed, I’m not afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment